The TN nonimmigrant classification permits qualified Canadian and Mexican citizens to seek temporary entry into the United States to engage in business activities at a professional level.
You may be eligible for TN visa status, if:
- You are a citizen of Canada or Mexico;
- Your profession qualifies under the regulations;
- The position in the United States requires a NAFTA professional;
- You have a prearranged full-time or part-time job with a U.S. employer (but not self-employment); and
- You have the qualifications to practice in the profession in question.
You may stay in the U.S. with TN status for up to 3 years. Spouses and children under 21 may come with you.